How does it work?
How does it work?
Great that you want to take action for us! How to set up an action is explained in our step-by-step plan below.
- Think about what kind of action you want to start to raise money for us. Do you find this hard to think of? Take a look at our inspiration page.
- Will you do this alone or in a team? If you are with more people, you can often reach a larger audience. Then think about when your action will take place, how long it will last and how much money you want to raise. Then you have all the information you need to start your action.
- Click on 'start fundraising' and create your action page, for yourself or for your whole team. First you create your own account, then you can create your action page. Through the dashboard you can manage your action page.
Personalize your page: think of a good title, set a target amount, upload a photo and a piece of personal text. Under the 'Content' menu are the options to add or change texts, images and videos to your page.
TIP: approach in advance some people you know want to donate. If there are already one or more donations on your page, this motivates others. You can also make an initial donation yourself.
Promote! Share your page with everyone in your network. You can easily share your action page via email, Whatsapp and social media. Ask your network specifically for donations and explain why you are taking action for Plastic Soup Foundation. Also check out our toolkit for additional inspiration.
TIP: Tell ANYWHERE and EVERYONE what you are doing. Mouth-to-mouth advertising works best. Also handy to have your action page open on your phone. That way you can immediately forward the action if someone asks for it.
Keep your page up-to-date. You can, for example, add news items to your own page. This way you can keep everyone informed of your progress via a blog. Do you have companies sponsoring you? You can also add logos of companies that sponsor you to your page.
We will keep you informed. Would you like to be notified by email per donation? You can. We will also occasionally send you emails with handy tips/tricks to make your action even more successful.
Share even more. Really include all your donors in your action. Especially towards the end, people often donate more. Of course you can try again with your own supporters, but also regularly ask the donors to share your action in their own circles. Maybe you only need a little bit more to reach your target amount? Or do you still want to double in the final sprint? Maybe they want to help you!
People who have already donated will come back to your page regularly to see if the target amount has already been reached. Give donors regular updates and get them involved to get that last bit.
- The money people donate on your personal page automatically comes to us.
- Is the action finished? Don't forget to thank your donors!